The school has a Homework Policy which states that:
- A child will not get homework which is beyond their ability
- The work given on any particular night can be completed within a period of one hour by the older children and in much less time by the younger children.
- No homework is given at the weekends or when going on extended break.
- No homework on special occasions or when the teacher wishes to give a special treat.
- Homework journals are used and should be signed by either parent/guardian when the work has been checked.
- In the event of a child coming to school without completed homework, a note will be required. It should be noted that no excuse will be accepted without an accompanying note.
- If a child is having extreme difficulty with homework, it should be brought to the attention of the teacher, who will endeavour to resolve the matter.
A copy of Home-Work Policy may be had on request.
The following are general guidelines only:
- Junior & Senior Infants 10-20 mins
- First & Second Class 20-30 mins
- Third & Fourth Class 30-60 mins
- Fifth & Sixth Class 60-90 mins